“Is this all there is?”
This is often what our adult clients are thinking when they come to Forward Counseling. Our answer to that question is “there’s more.”
You might need a guide to find out what is your own personal “more,” but we can get you there. A good fishing captain takes you where the big fish are biting. A good therapist takes you to the barriers to your happiness, and then they help you cross them.
We believe in the power of change and look at times of stress and distress as opportunities to grow. Strength and growth emerge when we face our fears. A skillful therapist can help you uncover and build your strengths in order to manage your life better.
“Each patient carries his own doctor inside him. We are at our best when we give the doctor who resides within each patient a chance to go to work.” – Albert Schweitzer.
We use a problem-solving, person-centered approach to confront a range of issues such as:
○ Focus & Concentration
○ Grief and Loss
○ Family Conflicts
○ Substance use and Addiction
○ Trauma & Past Abuse
○ Self-Confidence Issues
○ Sexual Issues
We recognize that people are doing the best they can with their current skill set. At Forward Counseling, we assist individuals with learning the life skills necessary to overcome suffering. Each person's treatment plan is tailored to meet their individual goals.
Therapeutic Interventions Offered:
· Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
· Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
· Sand Tray Sessions
· Expressive Arts Therapy
· Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
· EMDR for Rapid Trauma Resolution
· Crisis Intervention and Assessment
· Individual, Couples, and Group Therapy
· Career, Personal Values, Strengths based assessments, Diagnostic Assessments
· Nutrition and Fitness Assessments, Personal Training and Meal Planning
· Biofeedback · Yoga · Oxygen Therapy for Migraines and Cluster Headaches · Mindfulness and Meditation Instruction · Grief Resolution · Aromatherapy
Lasting change is possible. Freedom from distress and anxiety is possible. When you are ready, we are here. You can email or call to set up an appointment in one of our comfortable offices.