Now Hiring Full Time (M-F, 8:30-4:30) Office Assistant
Working at Forward Counseling is not about doing a job, its about joining a team of people that help you and others do and be better. We are dedicated to creating an environment of support, creativity, curiosity, problem solving, mental and physical health all while doing very important and meaningful work.
We are seeking a full time, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30, Medical Office Assistant and Billing Specialist with some managerial responsibilities. Ideal candidate will be proficient in Office Ally, Microsoft Word, Excell, filing insurance claims, managing rejected claims, reconciling insurance payments, assisting with accounting and billing, interacting with clients and other office staff on a daily basis.
This is a 1099 Contract Labor position. The hourly rate for this position is negotiable based on experience. This is a good opportunity for someone who's interested in a fast-growing, creative, progressive team who change people’s lives. The company is growing aggressively and needs someone comfortable functioning as a team with other office roles and practitioners. This role works closely with the leadership and will help develop processes and procedures throughout our growth process.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Answering phone, returning phone calls, sending emails, sending faxes, preparing client charts, getting new clients and assisting with initial appointment paperwork, opening the office in the morning.
• Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over Forward Counseling processes and systems. Works to resolve system discrepancies and to develop systemic enhancements to gain efficiencies.
• Assist with Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Process
Prepare necessary materials for financial reporting or grant proposals. Create and Submit grant applications.
• Manage cash management operations as needed for budding nonprofit
• Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc and other tasks as assigned.
Manage unpaid claims, and assist in the resolution of denials, partial payments, and payment variances.
• Make necessary adjustments to patient demographic, insurance, and account balance information
• Complete A/R adjustments where permitted and appropriate; request other adjustments where permitted and appropriate
• Comply with and adhere to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures (including HIPAA and PCI compliance requirements), and "leading practices"
* At least 2 years of experience in Front Medical Office, Medical Insurance and Billing, Utilization Review or Insurance Company Experience.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to grasp the "bigger picture” and offer creative solutions and processes
* Tech Savy and Detail Oriented
• Comfortable functioning in high-growth, fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of tax law for a C-Corporation and Non Profits is a bonus!
• 1+ years working Office Ally, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word